This week, I’ve taken the quiz script and expanded its function to include triggering the feedback videos that are played on the character screen.
New things this time:
- The timeline for the initial gameplay flow
- Placeholder videos for the quiz feedback
The gameplay now has a basic flow, with the initial video cued up on the timeline, and the samples delivered at a later point through the sample delivery tube.
The quiz manager script uses serialised fields. This enables the quiz to be set up entirely in the component settings, making it reusable in other scenes.
The script is added to an empty game object, and the quiz questions are defined first. TextMeshPro gameobjects are added to define where the question, feedback and answer options should be displayed, and the feedback videos that need to be played for each question. Separate gameobjects are specified for final text, videos and score.
- Environment improvements and sound effects/audio textures
- Settings UI/interface and audio controls
- Scripting and recording videos – this is probably the last thing I’ll do for this scene, since the script is dependent on other things added
- Some persistent scoring/tracking for monitoring and displaying the user’s progress