This update takes me nearly to the point of having a workable first scene. I want to adjust the position of a few things to make for a better set up for the interactions, but once I have done that and figured out the quiz UI, I will be ready to start chaining things together.
New things this time:
- The video texture working on the character monitor – at the moment, it’s only one texture but I have a solid set-up for this now. Going forward it should just be a case of activating/deactivating different video source gameobjects for each one.
- Working waste disposal, which deactivates removed objects and has particle and audio effects.
- Audio for grabbing and colliding the main objects.
- A work area with snap zone that scales the snapped object and removes the sample container lid.
- Mesh and particle system effect for the holoprojector.
I need to fix the water texture on the cleaning station, since adding the post-processing bloom has made this less detailed and interesting. Also need to add a script to activate and deactivate the projector effects as needed.
I hope to record the character videos in the next week, and get those edited and finalised. Once that is done, I will be looking at setting up a UI for the questions in this first scene. I will likely be using the Unity Timeline to hook up the gameplay when that is done. I also have to set up the user ‘tablet’ device, which is likely to be a wrist-mounted fly out UI panel. This should be loaded with buttons to allow the user to look up information throughout the rest of the game. I may also use it for the quiz UI, since this will get them used to using it and introduce it as a resource. At the point this is done, I will try a test build so that I can get feedback from some colleagues.